Are you challenged by delivering solutions to complex engineering problems in a multi-disciplinary team-effort? Do you enjoy capitalizing on .NET software technology in an Agile development context to create solutions that our customers appreciate? Would you like to contribute to the world’s most advanced chip production metrology equipment? Are you fascinated by machine software, mathematics, physics and its practical applications? If so, this could be an exciting opportunity!
Within business line Applications the D&E YieldStar software groups address the area of complex machine control software. You will be end-to-end responsible for the realization of software in C# in one of the machine software teams, contributing to the development of the YieldStar (low level) software platform. This is done using a scrum/Agile way of working.
You like to contribute to ASML’s fastest growing business by delivering solutions to complex engineering problems in a multi-disciplinary team-effort. In this position you are a member of the Machine Software group and in one of the Sensing or Motion teams. The teams address the development of software that interacts with the hardware and creates the framework for moving and acquiring data.
In the scrum team, you take an initiative to address user stories in this scope. You are guided by the scrum master (team lead), function cluster architect, and product owner (project lead). Furthermore, you cooperate with other software team members and involve Customer Support and Manufacturing representatives.
As a Software Developer, you will act as fast learning software professional, and contribute to software realization using a disciplined agile/scrum based way of working. You apply software engineering practices such as requirements engineering (user story definition), object-oriented analysis and design, implementation in C#, testing, and integration in the YieldStar software platform. You are eager to pick up knowledge on hardware like motion controllers or camera's, physics and mathematics and software architecture.
- Act as scrum team member.
- Demonstrate end-to-end ownership for feature/story based software engineering.
- Align specifications with stakeholders in the function team and the software platform lead.
- Secure both software and product quality.
- Ensure adequate fit of software deliverables in the YieldStar software platform.
- Software realization, including design, testing and documentation.
- Act as buddy in pair-programming.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our Agile software development for the software department as a whole.
BSc or MSc in computer science, informatics, mathematics, physics, or electronics.
- Object oriented software development. Experience with C#.NET is a must.
- Experience with Agile/scrum. Experience with pair programming is a plus.
- Affinity with machine software (motion control or camera’s) – huge plus.
- Team player. Candidate must be able to work in a cross-disciplinary scrum team in a dynamic product development environment.
- Strong analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility).
- Value orientation, getting to the essence, setting and acting according to priorities.
- Good communicational skills (both written and verbal) and good knowledge of English.
- Curious, fast learning (mostly on the job).
The context of the position
In order to contribute to the realization of new software functionality, you will need to be able to assess, review, discuss and implement software designs. Actively seek interaction with your team members to review yours and others contributions to our software archive. You work closely with your peers:
- to create software solutions;
- to decide on software implementation;
- to participate in code, design and documentation reviews;
- to perform pair programming and test driven development;
- to test and integrate with the platform.
From a project management perspective, close cooperation with the software team leader is required to provide him with effort estimates for software plan creation and updates.